The “1st Captains Yacht Forum by HYCA” took place on March 16, 2022 in the hospitable “Faros” Hall of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC). The seminar was addressed to Hellenic Yacht Crew Association members, Masters and Captains of professional and private yachts, who showed particular interest, actively participating throughout.
At the beginning of the event, the Minister of Maritime Affairs and Insular Policy, Mr. Ioannis Plakiotakis, addressed a cordial greeting, with a video message, followed by the President of the GYA (Greek Yachting Association), Mr. Michael Skoulikidis, and the President of EPEST (Association of Greek Tourist Boat Owners), Mr. Antonis Stelliatos, who highlighted with their positions the current issues that concern the yachting industry.
This was followed by the presentations – placements of the invited speakers, distinguished professionals, in the field of yachting and more.
In particular, they honored our event with their presence:
- Mrs. S.Gialoutsi, Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Insular Policy and Mrs. Eustathia Reinou, Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Insular Policy, who in their presentation refered to e-register, legislative framework, Law 4256/2014.
- Mr. V.Tsiantis, Lawyer and Legal advisor of HYCA, who in his presentation referred to Maritime Law and Justice – Captain’s Responsibilities.
- Mrs. P.Kaia, Charter Director, Atalanta Golden Yachts, Member of MYBA Charter Committee, who in her presentation referred to MYBA Captains Guideline, HYBA What to notice and be aware of Captain’s Responsibilities.
- Mr. P.Chinakis, INSB CEO Chairman, who in his presentation referred to Flag State and Classification Societies
- Mrs. M.Montesantou, Legal Advisor, A1 Group, who in her presentation referred to Greek/Worldwide Yachting, e-Charter permission & present status.
- Mrs. M.Kouna, Accountant, Tax Advisor, Amaltheia Consulting Partnership, who in her presentation referred to e-Mitroo, NEPA, Tips, Taxation.
- Mr. E.Spyrou, Council Vice President Maritime Studies Saint Thomas Polytechnic Singapore, who in his presentation referred to Negatiation with Guest, Crew, Owners,
- Mr. N.Patsiokas, COO BWA Yachting SAM, who in his presentation referred to Charter Yacht Regulations, MED How they treat EU flags
- Mr. I.Pachoundakis, Council Vice President Maritime Studies Saint Thomas Polytechnic Singapore, who in his presenation referred to Crew Leadeship and Crisis Management.
- Mr. F.Geranios, Charter Manager, IYC, who in his presentation referred to List of Expenses, Tips, DOs and DON’Ts
An important role for the successful completion of the event was the full support and assistance of the sponsors of the event, “ATLAS SHIPYARDS”, “SLAM”, “IYC”, “SEA SCAPE”, “MAREFIND”,”YACHTLOVE”,”ISTION”,“AEOLOS”,“NEPTUNEA”,“A1GROUP”,“TEGOHOME”,“GOLDEN YACHTS”,“SEAZONE”,“ATALANTA GODLEN YACHTS”,“GYA GREEK YACHTING ASSOCIATION”,”ODYSEAS MARINA MEGANISI”,“ SKIPPER ON DECK”,“FYTROS ”,“CAVA HALARI ”,“ TSAGARIS YACHT PAINTING ”, who at the end of the event distributed rich gifts to the attendees.
Hosted at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center, Athens Greece.